The Transformation of Miss Mavis Ming
A novel from The End of Time also known as A Messiah at the End of Time and expanded from the novella 'Constant Fire'. As Constant Fire it was revised for its appearance in The Tale of the Eternal Champion series to remove a number of BDSM references.
Publishing History (UK)
- Hardcover: W.H. Allen, 159 pp., ISBN: 0-491-01718-9, 4 Feb 1977
- Mass Market Paperback, Star, 160 pp., ISBN: 0-352-30649-1, Aug 1980
As 'Constant Fire' throughout:
- Legends from the End of Time, Millennium, 1993 (hc/tp)
- Behold the Man And Other Stories, Gollancz, 1994 (hc/tp)
- Legends from the End of Time, Orion, 1997 (pb)
- Tales from the End of Time, Gollancz, 2014
Publishing History (US)
- Mass Market Paperback, DAW, 192 pp., ISBN: 0-87997-358-7, 21 Feb 1978 - as A Messiah at the End of Time
- Mass Market Paperback, Ace, ISBN: 0-441-13664-8, Dec 1988, Cover by Robert Gould - as A Messiah at the End of Time
- Tales from the End of Time, Berkley, 1989 (hc) - as A Messiah at the End of Time
- Legends from the End of Time, White Wolf, 1999 (hc) - as 'Constant Fire'
- Subtitled 'The Return of Fireclown'.
- First published in New Worlds in 1976.
- Due to a production error only the final (revised) chapter of the novel was printed in these editions.
We provide the links below as clues to where to begin your search for this book. We do not guarantee its availability. You may find books not related to Michael Moorcock with the links below, especially where there are many similar titles. Moorcock's Miscellany does not sell books, but we get a small commission from each of the sellers below that goes toward the upkeep of this site.