Blood: A Southern Fantasy
A literary SF novel in the Second Ether series. It is a fix-up novel of stories, the last of which was published here for the first time.
Publishing History (UK)
- Hardcover, Millennium, 248pp., ISBN: 1-85798-232-0, Dec 1994, Cover by Gustav Moreau
- Trade Paperback, Millennium, 248pp., ISBN: 1-85798-233-9, Dec 1994, Cover by Gustav Moreau
- Mass Market Paperback, Millennium, 273pp., ISBN: 1-85798-236-3, Oct 1995, Cover by Gustav Moreau
- The War Amongst the Angels, Gollancz, 2014
Publishing History (US)
- Hardcover, William Morrow, 337pp., ISBN: 0-688-14362-8, Oct 1995 Cover by Dorian Vallejo
- Trade Paperback, Avon, 336pp., ISBN: 0-380-78078-X, Aug 1996, Cover by Bill Binger
- Audiobook, Crossroads Press, 2010, Read by Chet Williamson (MP3 download)
- Corsairs of the Second Ether (Ch. 97-9) - as Warwick Colvin Jr.
- Free States
- Corsairs of the Second Ether (Ch. 204-6) - as Warwick Colvin Jr.
- Corsairs of the Second Ether (Ch. 1014-6) - as Warwick Colvin Jr.
- "Blood is related to The Blood Red Game in that I returned to the notion that gamblers and chancers are the only people who can actually manipulate the multiverse, that everyone else only thinks they are having an effect. You have to go with the flow and make your move when you see an opportunity! This, for what it's worth, is also my theory of power politics -- that the successful dictators are generally those who know how best to take advantage of their luck. So not all the gamblers are good guys. In fact, some of the most successful are bad guys. Law, of course, believes that there has to be one universal law which once discovered we will be able to obey."
We provide the links below as clues to where to begin your search for this book. We do not guarantee its availability. You may find books not related to Michael Moorcock with the links below, especially where there are many similar titles. Moorcock's Miscellany does not sell books, but we get a small commission from each of the sellers below that goes toward the upkeep of this site.