Eternal adversary of Champions, forever doomed to fight for Chaos.
According to The Dreamthief's Daughter, where his full name is given as Prince Gaynor Paul St Odhran Badehoff-Krasny von Minct, he is the cousin of Ulrich von Bek. It is suggested that this incarnation is, perhaps, the first Gaynor. At least, at the start of the novel, he has yet to become 'Gaynor the Damned'.
Was once an alchemist in Prague.
So why was he Damned? His crime appears to be playing the gods of Law and Chaos against each other. When they finally catch him, they rip him apart into a thousand forms, thus presumably creating the cursed Gaynor that is seen in other novels.
Also known as
- Gaynor the Damned
- Prince Gaynor
- Paul von Minct
- Prince Paul Gaynor von Minct
His original name suggests another alternate form: Paul Minct of the Second Ether series.
- The Queen of the Swords
- The Bull and the Spear
- The Oak and the Ram
- The Sword and the Stallion
- The Revenge of the Rose
- Blood: A Southern Fantasy
- The Dreamthief's Daughter
- The Skrayling Tree
- The White Wolf's Son
- The Enquiry by Matthew J. Jorgensen
Comic Book Appearances
- A Sword Called Stormbringer with James Cawthorn and Roy Thomas & Barry Windsor-Smith + Sal Buscema
- The Green Empress of Melniboné with James Cawthorn and Roy Thomas & Barry Windsor-Smith + Sal Buscema
- Eye of the Storm by Michael Higgins & Michael Docherty + Ricardo Villagran [Unofficial]
- Moonbeams and Roses with Walter Simonson
- The Metatemporal Detective with Mark Reeve