An Incarnation of the Eternal Champion. The name by which Erekosë was known in his mundane, earthly life, before he was summoned by King Rigenos in both The Eternal Champion (novella) and novel. According to The Dragon in the Sword John was born in 1941 to Paul and Helen Daker.
- The Eternal Champion (novel)
- The Eternal Champion (novella)
- The Dragon in the Sword
- The White Wolf's Son
- The Sailor on the Seas of Fate
- Phoenix in Obsidian
- The Champion of Garathorm - Dreamed of by Dorian Hawkmoon
- The Quest for Tanelorn - Seen as a statue in Tanelorn
- The King of the Swords mentioned by Erekose
- The Condition of Muzak
- The Vanishing Tower
- Hanging the Fool
- Trail-Ways by James S. Dorr
"John Daker is the 'ordinary' modern incarnation of the Eternal Champion, dealing with the problems which we in the contemporary world have to deal with daily. Needs a certain amount of heroism to confront some of those problems! In a sense the reader is 'John Daker'..."