The Laughter of Carthage
Publishing History (UK)
- Hardcover, Secker & Warburg, 608pp., ISBN: 0-436-28460-X, 3 Sep 1984
- Trade Paperback, Flamingo, 608pp., ISBN: 0-00-654107-0, 10 Oct 1985, Cover by Chris Corr
- Trade Paperback, Jonathan Cape, 608pp., ISBN: 0-224-03532-0, 16 July 1992, Cover by Andrew Hirniak
- Trade Paperback, Phoenix, 608pp., ISBN: 1-85799-048-X, 7 April 1994, Cover by Blacksheep
- Trade Paperback, Vintage, 608pp., ISBN: 0-099-48513-3, 5 Jan 2006, Cover by Stephen Parker
Publishing History (US)
- Hardcover, Random House, 561pp., ISBN: 0-394-52997-9, Dec 1984, Cover by John Sposato
- Paperback, PM Press, 448pp., ISBN: 978-1-60486-492-2, July 2012, Cover by Linda Steele
- eBook, PM Press, ISBN: 978-1-60486-492-2, September 2012
- "The idea is basically that I've improved Pyat's English (as editor) and done what I could with some of the other languages and otherwise left in examples of his half-crazed mixture of languages he's picked up on his travels. He denies any Jewish background but, of course, does break into Yiddish occasionally, and understands it."
We provide the links below as clues to where to begin your search for this book. We do not guarantee its availability. You may find books not related to Michael Moorcock with the links below, especially where there are many similar titles. Moorcock's Miscellany does not sell books, but we get a small commission from each of the sellers below that goes toward the upkeep of this site.