The Sanctuary of the White Friars
A trilogy in progress for Tor Books (USA) and Gollancz (UK).
A fantasy adventure rooted in autobiography, the trilogy follows a young man called Michael Moorcock and his relationships with the inhabitants of a secret realm, buried deep in the heart of London, called Alsacia
- Volume One: The Whispering Swarm - published January 2015 (USA); July 2015 (UK)
- Volume Two: The Woods of Arcady - in preparation
- Volume Three: A White Wolf Howling - in preparation (provisional title)
- "Sanctuaries draws on some of the same history/mythology but is entirely different -- my own autobiography and semi-autobiography folded in to a pure fantasy story in which I'm the central character..."
- [On revisiting his childhood and early adulthood] "Very painful but also enlightening. Requiring me to face unwelcome facts. I felt a bit of a bastard. I was offered editorship of a national juvenile weekly at the age of 16. I began to realize how that happened and just how lucky I'd been to be born at that time of a mother like mine who encouraged my writing and musical ambitions. Some things I modified or left out so as not to hurt feelings."