The Stealer of Souls (collection)
A collection of five stories by Michael Moorcock featuring Elric of Melniboné, which were originally published in the pages of Science Fantasy between 1962 and 1963, the periodical edited by John Carnell, who first encouraged Moorcock to write the early Elric novellas. It has the distinction of being the first Moorcock book to be published.
Publication History (UK)
- Hardcover, Neville Spearman Ltd, 215pp., 1963, Cover by Guy Nicholls - reprinted 1963
- Mass Market Paperback, Mayflower, 176pp., ISBN: 0-583-11344-3, May 1968, Cover by Bob Haberfield
- Mass Market Paperback, Mayflower, 176pp., ISBN: 0-583-11344-3, 1974, Cover by Bob Haberfield - reprinted 1975, 1977
- Mass Market Paperback, Granada, 176pp., ISBN: 0-583-11344-3, 1981, Cover by Bob Haberfield
Publication History (US)
- Mass Market Paperback, Lancer, ISBN: 73545, 1967, Cover by Jack Gaughan
- Mass Market Paperback, Lancer, ISBN: 78751, 1973, Cover by Jeff Jones
The original hardcover and paperback editions were dedicated to Moorcock's mother. The dedication was omitted from later UK paperback editions.
We provide the links below as clues to where to begin your search for this book. We do not guarantee its availability. You may find books not related to Michael Moorcock with the links below, especially where there are many similar titles. Moorcock's Miscellany does not sell books, but we get a small commission from each of the sellers below that goes toward the upkeep of this site.