The Winds of Limbo
It is based on Benjamin Disraeli's political novel Coningsby.
Publishing History (UK)
- Mass Market Paperback, Compact, 1965 - as The Fireclown
- Mass Market Paperback, Sphere, 160pp., ISBN: 0-7221-6215-4, Jun 1970
- Mass Market Paperback, Mayflower, 160pp., ISBN: 0-583-12338-4, 28 Nov 1974, Cover by Bob Haberfield
- Mass Market Paperback, Granada, 160pp., ISBN: 0-583-12338-4, 1980, Cover by Bob Haberfield
- Mass Market Paperback, Roc, 160pp., ISBN: 0-14-017350-1, 27 May 1993, Cover by George Underwood
- Moorcock's Multiverse, Gollancz, 2014 (pb)
Publishing History (US)
- Mass Market Paperback, Paperback Library, 1967 - as The Fireclown
- Mass Market Paperback, Paperback Library, ISBN: 63-149, 1969, Cover by Richard Powers
- Mass Market Paperback, Dale, ISBN: 0-89559-055-7, 1978, Cover by Greg Theakston
- POD Paperback, Fantastic Books, ISBN: 978-1617200694, 172pp., June 2011
- The Eternal Champion Vol. 6: The Roads Between the Worlds, White Wolf, 1996 (hc), 1998 (tp)
- "Oddly, The Fireclown was based firmly on Disraeli's political novel CONINGSBY! I wrote it during the period I was writing political pamphlets and speeches for the Liberal Party!"
- "We could all hear them now, very distantly. My Uncle Michael, who was of a melodramtic disposition, said it was the winds of limbo howling across the shores of death." (Chapter 18)
We provide the links below as clues to where to begin your search for this book. We do not guarantee its availability. You may find books not related to Michael Moorcock with the links below, especially where there are many similar titles. Moorcock's Miscellany does not sell books, but we get a small commission from each of the sellers below that goes toward the upkeep of this site.