Kane of Old Mars
Omnibus of the Michael Kane trilogy.
Originally published in 1981 as Warrior of Mars with an Introduction on how the novels came to be written by Michael Moorcock.
It was Volume 9 in the The Eternal Champion omnibus series published in the United States by White Wolf, featuring a revised (edited) version of the 1981 Introduction.
It is the final omnibus to be issued in The Michael Moorcock Collection published in the UK by Gollancz.
Publishing History (UK)
- Hardcover, NEL, 384pp., ISBN: 0-450-04830-6, 1981, Cover by Tim White - as Warrior of Mars
- Paperback, NEL, 384pp., ISBN: 0-450-05895-6, Jun 1986 (reprinted 1989) - as Warrior of Mars
- Paperback, Gollancz, 448pp., ISBN: 978-0575092525, 8 Jan 2015
Publishing History (US)
- Hardcover, White Wolf, 334pp., ISBN: 1-56504-184-4, Feb 1998, Cover by John Bolton
- Trade paperback, White Wolf, 334pp., ISBN: 1-56504-988-8, July 2000, Cover by John Bolton
in Gollancz edition
- 'Introduction to The Michael Moorcock Collection by John Clute
- 'Introduction to The Michael Moorcock Collection by Michael Moorcock
- Warriors of Mars
- Blades of Mars
- Barbarians of Mars
- "I wasn't ashamed of the books...but at that moment [when Moorcock was editing New Worlds magazine and trying to break down genre conventions in imaginative fiction] it didn't seem a particularly good idea to have my name attached to what were escapist books to be read primarily by teenagers, so I gave the publisher a choice of titles and combinations of names and eventually there appeared, under the unlikely name of Edward Powys Bradbury, the books originally published as Warriors of Mars, Blades of Mars and Barbarian of Mars."
- Introduction to Warrior of Mars, New English Library, 1981.
We provide the links below as clues to where to begin your search for this book. We do not guarantee its availability. You may find books not related to Michael Moorcock with the links below, especially where there are many similar titles. Moorcock's Miscellany does not sell books, but we get a small commission from each of the sellers below that goes toward the upkeep of this site.